Saturday, May 19, 2007

New Home


After enjoying bit of relaxation and luxurious of the 5 star Hotel in Amman for 4 days, and slowly recovered from the jetlag, it’s time to move (again). This time is from Hotel to the apartment, where we going to live in for 2 or 3 years. It’s a huge and cool furnished apartment in West Amman. I meant it’s really huge! 3 big bedrooms, 1 small bedroom, and 4 bathrooms, 1 restroom, 2 living rooms, 1 big dining room, massive modern kitchen plus small dining area. I wish there was a swimming pool and gym too. ;p But as long as it has a cable TV, which has more than 100 channel I can browse, and has all my favourite TV channels and series, I’m pretty happy with it. Though it only has standard furniture (I doubt it will fit all of our stuff - ours are actually better), so it feels empty. But it also completed by white goods and AC and heater, which is super.

About the neighbourhood, what can I say….. pretty much the same like South Jakarta. Small local shops where I can reach in 3-5 minutes walk are pretty good. There are groceries shops, fruit and vegies shops, laundry, cake and pastries, bakery, kebab, café, Italian restaurant, and many more.

If I want, I can walk further, about another 15 minutes. I’ll reach a famous shopping area. Compared to Jakarta, this complex much more like Kota and Pasar Baru, where shops are spreaded in stand alone buildings and stores, where people have to wonder around in the open air before get into the shop. It’s a big complex, providing many things, from supermarkets to restaurants, from art and jewellery shops to shoes and boutiques, from bookstores to gym. I was thrilled to see few branded chain shops like CK Underwear, Zara, Geox, G2000, Mango, Bossini, Women’s Secret, Tony and Guy Salon, and Starbucks. Those which I even can’t locate in Darwin. ;p

Other than busy unpacking our suitcases, investigating more about the new apartment (such as trying to work out how the washing machine and dryer works – the manual is not helping as it is in German!), try to sit in every corner of the house finding the best location for me to sit and do my hobbies), and try to adjust to the new life style, all is good.

No comments: