Friday, May 21, 2010

How tall he will be

Evan and I - April 2010

I found this interesting facts on the net.

* By the age of 9, an average boy would have attained 75% of his adult height
* By the age of 18, he would attain double his height at an early age.
* By the age of 8, an average girl would have attained 75% of her adult height.
* By the age of 18, she would attain double her height when two years old.

source:Height and Weight for Children


This is indeed an interesting theory. I've heard that around the time a toddler turns two years old he/she has already reached half the height they will be when they are adults. I thought it was impossible, didn't believe it. But Evan's grandad called on Evan's 2nd birthday asking me to measure his height and told me the reason. He believed it's true, as he has it as one of the family tradition and did it to all of his son and grandchildren. He said he couldn't believe it either but it came up right with all of his sons.

Well, that was what we did that day. Measuring Evan's height, which was quite challenging. Now, the result might be not very accurate, but his height on April 2010 was around 90-92cm. It means his height will be around 180 - 184 cm when he is adult. Will be shorter than his dad, but definitely gonna be way taller than me! ;p

I just hope he will still as adorable and cute. :)

No comments: