Sunday, August 1, 2010

This and That

Lately....

* I finally finished Mao's Last Dancer, amazed with the author's life journey, I am now longing to watch the movie.

* started to read Perahu Kertas - and fall in love once again with Dee and indonesian 'sastra' world. I read until 3am last night and can't wait to read again tonight. Yes, have to wait to read because it's on my ipod. As you know, I can't use my ipod when the little Evan is around (*sigh*)

* still making squares.... it comes to 14 squares now...

* i baked cookies for the first time since we are back in australia

* went to salon to have a hair cut. Last hair cut was in Jakarta, a year ago.

* i made two new chicken dishes that were successfully accepted by the boys. They were chicken grill and tom yum sauce chicken.

* I got a 'me' time in the middle of the week and on the first day of the week.... that was because hubby was at home... not working on work days...

* I and Evan have spent more times with hubby around, since he had day off work for the whole week, which was great.

* evan like to ask for tissues to wipe everything he thinks are dirty. His own hands, mouth, table, and the other night he couldn't stop wiped his dad's face, tried to get rid of the unshaven beard. He thinks it was dirt!

* i started to read Evan a book before bed. He loves this new routine. sometimes he wants to read two books.:)

* Evan is getting better in building Lego and blocks. He made lots of interesting building. Photos to come.

* Evan was saying grace before dinner. Well, not exactly... but he followed what i and hubby doing, close eyes and close our hands together. He did it with smile, sometimes he close his eyes too, sometimes looking at us and smile whilst his hand holded together in front of his chest... ;p We didn't asked him to do that, he just followed what we did ! Soooo cute :)

* Has been telling Evan over and over, that he is going to school every Tuesday and Thursday... and that he will have fun playing with new toys with friends and teachers, and that I will not always be there, but always will be back and pick him up in the afternoon. Not sure if he understand....

* Evan started to sleep through the night ... finally! So I was able to sleep through the night too, but alas, still have not enough sleep, as I was too excited to read a book or crochet-ing, or ipod-ing.

* i think my little boy is the cutest boy in the world.

* almost fed up with winter.

* just realised that today-last year was the day we landed our feet in Aussie. We were in Sydney, though.

No comments: