Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Small World After All

It's been a while since the last posting. I know..., I've been very slack. Anyway, here is the update about the new job. It has been good so far. Got my own desk, computer, internet and e-mail access, just like the old days. Happy about that :) Work was good, simple, not tiring, not difficult, and not too physical. Colleagues were nice, the environment were peaceful, and they have the nice cappucino and ice coffee!

But, there's something else. And the whole thing came up to the surface just because of one simple question.

My supervisor,.. she asked the name of high school I went to in Jakarta. I answered with lot of doubt that she would know my high school (it's a catholic school, with a quite good reputation, but some people in jakarta just dont know about its existence - hiks - Might be different these days, though). Anyway, surprisingly she actually recognised my high school! With excitement she told me that her husband's family lives just across the street from the school. (How odd!... This can't be right!)

I asked what high school did she go to, and we ended up mentioning names of some friends that we know of! (excited)

Conversation followed by telling each other our parents name and her husband's uncle's name. Shockingly, the name of her husband's family name is familiar to me. And name of her husband's uncle is even more familiar. I know him and his family well, because they just live very near to my parents' house in Jakarta.(This is become a bit weird)....

With curiosity, I called my mum the next day asked if she knew this and that name. By my surprise,.. my mum is actually know my supervisor's mum! Mum told me that my supervisor's mum lives only couple blocks away from my parents' house in Jakarta,.. the house that I lived in for about 25 years. How creepy was that ??!! We must have been seen each other at some stage!

From million of people in Jakarta, both of us ended up in same office room in Darwin. We used to be going to the same church, and we used to be neigbours, but we did not know each other before, and now we are going to the same office everyday, and go to the same church again in town. How bizzare! :D I wonder if this happened for a reason... or it's probably only me with my wander nonsensical imagination....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Serius? wuiihh... Sebenernya lu ama tante gue, yang di alam segar itu kan dulu juga satu gereja... Sepupu gue, dulu juga sekolah di ST... sebelum pindah ke Cinere... gue dulu juga sering kok main2 ke rumahnya...jangan2 waktu kita kecil juga pernah ketemu...???

Sambel

Nencee said...

ha ha...mungkin aja ketemu waktu gue maen sepeda keliling kompleks.:D

Anonymous said...

G'day Nancy. Congratulation on your new job. Long time no talk to you Nancy.Hope everything goes well, but i'll come to visit your blog. Just love to read your story. Hope we can catch up some times. Miss the day before when we had a great time at University.
Have a good time Nancy.