Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Entertaining/Heartbreaking

It took almost a year to finish The Witch Of Portobello. Whilst it was the busiest year i've ever had with the pregnancy, the birth, and the baby, reading was not so entertaining and relaxing. But it might also the book itself that I found almost have the same rhytym as any other Coelho's books, that bored me a bit. Thought I need a change.

Books I recently read, written by a new author, Khaled Hosseini. Kite Runner, I read it in 1,5 week. I would have not be able to put down the book and read the whole in one day if I was not too busy and tired. It was the first book that brought me to tears. After finishing the book, I couldn't wait to see the movie. The movie was disappointing, i guess the same as many other movies version from a novel. Many details were missing, story got changed, and the people are different than I pictured. Done nothing but destroying my imagination.

Then I didn't wait to read Hosseini's second novel, A Thousand Of Splendid Sun. I finish it in about 2 weeks. It was such a powerful story that brought me to emotional distress! :) Made me realise how fortunate I am to be what I am, what I become, what I have now as a women.

Both books were written in very detail. They have words full of quotes, written in uncomplicated way. Each pages dragged me to enter different world, as if watching a movie in the cinema. I don't remember when was the last time I went to the cinema. It was really ages ago. But if it was a really good movie, my seat in the dark little cinema will be a place to go into different world, place to forget about everything in your life, and when the movie finished and the light back on, bam! disoriented, then reminds me to be back to the reality. That's how I feel when reading his entertaining though heartbreaking books.

No comments: